Wednesday, August 20, 2008

It's my birthday, it's my birthday; na na na na na na na na!

In a couple of days, anyway.

I just sent out an invite for some b'day karaoke. I'm a big mike hog, and my opinion of myself singing is comparable to the girls who walk down the street thinking they're 83% hotter than they actually are. People have complimented me on my singing, but I'm pretty sure it's just because I go balls out when I do sing.

Fearlessness is 83% of being a "good" karaoke singer. I work with two women who are in support roles for my department, and have heard both of them sing at karaoke. One has a sweet voice, but is shy, and refuses to sing unless as part of a group. The other one gives 'er when she sings, but her pitch is usually a bit off. Which one is a better singer? Beats me.

Another unknown is why I used the number 83% twice. '83 was when the video for 'Thriller' came out, I just read on Wikipedia. It was also the year 'The Day After' aired on tv. That freaked me out when I was a kid, even more than Michael Jackson's cat eyes at the end of his video.

That's it. I'm spent. Good night.

No comments: