Tuesday, June 25, 2019

Dr. Davis, telephone please. Dr. Davis, telephone please. Dr. Blair, Dr. Blair; Dr. J. Hamilton, Dr. J. Hamilton

I can't remember where I heard the above quote first, but it's a bit of stock audio that's been thrown into pretty much every film or television show that has a scene in a hospital. It's even shown up in a couple of songs.

I've seen it come up in a bunch of places on the internet, but not compiled in one place. My OCD thanks everyone for this. Here's the most complete list I could come up with, to date. I've included links to a couple of examples, and have tried to include precise information, if possible, where the quote may have shown up. From what I can see, the earliest easily provable example of it showing up was in 1985's 'Death Wish 3' (I don't know exactly when it would've appeared on 'Another World', but if someone goes through 45 years of episodes to find it, I'll buy them a beer).

Someone's even created a Spotify playlist for this quote, which is only four songs, but still, oddly specific. Anyway, here's the list, cobbled together through things you can hear, and bits noted by others on the internet:

No comments: